Dubb Alexander is passionate about the subject of Personal Purpose. As a certified Life Coach with Living Life By Design, he enjoys unlocking people's potential and accelerating their lives in every area. He has a passion to see nations operate in Kingdom Principals and is currently pursuing Statesman Training to increase influence in that arena. He has been married to his wife Beth for 13 years and they have a 5 year old daughter named Cinda and hopes of adopting in the near future.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why Dubb wants to see change happen and problems solved in people, organizations, and our nation
- A favorite quote from Dr. Barry Lenhardt: “If you do not believe the truth about yourself, you will believe a lie about yourself.”
- The pivotal question Dubb asks people: “How do YOU see yourself?”
- Why your focus needs to shift to the areas in which you excel
- Dubb’s defining moment came when he saw the extreme life change brought about by Living Life By Design: “I’ve GOT to learn how to do this!”
- Dubb’s desire is to create change in lives.
- Dubb’s work shifted from the “church mountain” to the life coach role on the “business mountain.”
- Why Dubb feels a consuming desire and calling to the “government mountain”
- Why Dubb takes statesman classes with I Change Nations
- Why can Dubb bring God’s truth as a statesman? Because a nation will listen
- Dubb’s most challenging point in his life came as a youth pastor in Vernon, Texas, about 6-7 years ago, when he questioned his calling, but then, GOD SPOKE.
- The TRUTH about truth and lies
- Dubb’s AHA moment: when he took a course about seeking clarity about his life and dreams
- Why Dubb feels called and empowered to influence people in high leadership positions and introduce them to God’s truth and His kingdom
- De-sire: Why your desires are “of your Father”
- Dubb’s advice on following desires: position yourself correctly and focus on your desire
- Dubb’s dream is to champion people and give them permission to follow their dreams.
- Dubb’s biggest strength? “The ability to connect with anybody and build trust quickly.”
- Dubb’s biggest weakness within his gifting? “Being overextended and overcommitted. Not knowing when to say NO.”
- The biggest thing God is stirring in Dubb is around the issue of Fatherhood: what it looks like and why it’s a huge need in our nation.
- How does Dubb share the gospel in everyday life? “I look for the greatness of God in people and pull it out and show it to them. Then they want to know more. I think the difference is that we believe in people unconditionally and champion them.”
- A daily habit that contributes to Dubb’s solid walk with Jesus? “The pursuit of a relationship with the Holy Spirit, which is the most misunderstood aspect of faith.”
- A recent impactful book? The Political Spirit by Faisal Malick
- If you could go back to a younger you, what age would you choose and what advice would you give? “I would go to the 16-year-old Dubb. I would say listen to what God is speaking to you and not to the religious spirit in the church that tries to tell you what’s right and wrong and tries to put you in a box.”
- Dubb’s parting advice: “Invest in yourself. People don’t usually see their worth. Get someone on your side that believes in you and will champion you.”
Boundaries by Henry Cloud
The Political Spirit by Faisal Malick
Find Dubb Alexander on Facebook, too!